We need data scientists who love digging into all kinds of data to uncover actionable insights. Building predictive models is awesome, but we take it to the next step to build tons of models programmatically. We have thousands of ecommerce stores on the platform already – we can’t build custom models for all of them so we need a configurable model factory. We want you to be a data scientist first, but we need you to be comfortable coding your own components in Python or R. We use Pandas, scikit-learn, and statsmodels heavily already and are adding other libraries as needed.
You’ll be responsible for the analytics roadmap, from concept to implementation, testing and rollout. We’ve got some great junior talent on this team already, and you’ll spend time mentoring and growing their skills. You’ll also be expected to work with customers on custom requests, questions about the platform and anything else they might need.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of hands on predictive modeling with at least some of it in the ecommerce space.
- Experience using languages like SAS, R, or Python for modeling and machine learning.
- Ability to guide and mentor our existing team.
- Willingness to learn Python and code modules/components yourself.
- Love of statistics bordering on healthy obsession.
To apply send a note to AwesomeDevs@gotVantage.com with links to your GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, Kaggle competition results, website and anything else you think will impress us.