Vantage is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join our team at our downtown Toronto location. We are a small team but growing quickly. You will report directly to the CTO, and subsequent hires that you source will join the team under your leadership. For the first 6-12 months, you’ll be spending the bulk of your time coding, but you will be expected to lead projects, design architecture, make technical decisions about the future of our product and help with recruiting to grow the team further.
Vantage’s tech stack is Python/Django on the backend, with Angular on the frontend. Based on our current priorities, the expected split for the next year is about 75% backend and 25% frontend work. We use Postgres, Redis, Redshift for storage and analysis of huge amounts of ecommerce data.
Most of the backend work is building integrations with other platforms. We currently integrate with ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Magento and BigCommerce, and advertising platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Your first project will be leading the integration design and doing the implementation for adding Google AdWords to the Vantage platform.
The other component of our platform is the AI tooling for using commerce data to help retailers and brands succeed. You don’t need to be an ML expert, but you will be expected to learn at least the basics, and will be responsible for the development and integration of AI components into the system.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally with a Python stack web application. Python experience is not required as long as you’re willing to learn fast.
- Experience with dev ops, basic Linux system admin tasks and AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFront, Kinesis, EMR, RedShift)
- Extreme attention to detail with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with retail, advertising, ecommerce or start-ups would be a huge plus