We are a rapidly growing 8-person team, based at Adelaide and Peter in Toronto. Our success comes from our people and we are looking for a tactful and experienced Executive Assistant to join our team and enable senior leaders to remain focused on their strategic mandates.
At the core of this position is a need for someone that’s always looks for opportunities to simplify the lives of those they support. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and focused professionals and to join a Canadian-owned company in growth mode.
This is a critical role at Vantage – you will be responsible for supporting the CEO and CTO in the day-to-day operations of running our company.
- Coordinate logistics including calendar, meetings, communications, travel, social events, special projects, and events as requested
- Prepare, manage filing/retrieval of documents and correspondence as required including – formatting, content, grammar, spelling and editing as necessary
- Oversee completion of expense reports, payment of invoices, and other related duties.
- Effectively and proactively manage two calendars, comfortably prioritize and schedule agendas of internal and external executives
- Organize meetings and events involving geographically separated stakeholders
- Maintain office, office supplies, deal with building management, organize improvements, and suppliers.
- Support with new hire recruitment via sourcing, organization and scheduling, and managing new hire equipment and space set-up
- Involvement in managing multiple projects related to Client and Investor Relations
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Event management and execution: Coordinate attendee, speaker, sponsor and venue/vendor logistics without issues, keep relevant databases up to date and accurate, ensure all pre/post event materials are managed accurately and delivered on-time, and supervise on-site experience
Qualifications & Experience
This position requires the ability to work within a team as well as the ability to work independently. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and a great communicator. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions and take ownership of tasks.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Superior ability to quickly assess degree of priority as volume of projects is high; this job requires an ability to calmly reprioritize with little notice
- Strong attention to detail; able to manage multiple-step procedures and handle frequent interruptions in workflow
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when required
- Proficient with Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google Docs.
- Comfortable with using mac applications to improve productivity and workflow
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information and professionally interact with employees, management and key contacts and clients
- Experience managing complex travel arrangements and multiple calendars
- Experience ensuring complex expenses are reconciled flawlessly
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
- Experience working with a CRM system an asset
- A faculty for numbers; experience managing budgets/doing financial reporting an asset
- Previous experience with tech start-ups is a bonus!
- Please submit c.v. with cover letter to GreatPeople@gotVantage.com