Top Resources for Starting an Online Ecommerce Store
So you want to open an e-commerce store but don’t know where to start?
There’s a slew of blogs, books, and resources out there, we’ve taken a moment to curate a study list for you, straight from the ecommerce experts.
1. Start here: How To Find A Product To Sell Online: The Definitive Guide by A Better Lemonade Stand – this will help you carve out your niche and figure out what exactly to sell online, whether that be fancy toothpicks or comical socks.
2. Once you figure out what to sell, you need to test if it will actually make you money, this blog post helps you figure out how to test demand for your product. While you’re on the site, eCommerce Pulse also offers a 5 Day Email Course that help you choose a product to sell online (in case #1 didn’t steer you in the right direction).
3. You may also be wondering how you will be creating this wonderful product of yours. Look into: Dropship, Wholesale, or Manufacture? blog post to get some clarification. Open A Store Now blog also has a nifty “Launch in a Week” course that goes into depth on the Dropship method.
4. Now that you have your product all sorted out, it’s time to choose an e-commerce platform that best fits your needs. Here’s a handy comparison list of Top Ecommerce Platforms & Shopping Carts.
5. Congrats! You’ve got products that are live on an e-commerce store. Now, for some helpful and handy marketing strategies: The 17 Best & Worst Marketing Strategies. Also, subscribe to your ecommerce platform’s blog, Shopify and Bigcommerce offer a wealth of information including marketing strategies.
6. To get top picks of the best Shopify apps, sign up for: Shopify Masters weekly emails and monthly app guides. This is helpful regardless of which ecommerce platform you’ve chosen as there are a lot of apps that exist on multiple ecommerce platforms.
This is a good start! We’ll check back later with more awesome expert ecommerce resources. Tell us, have we missed any important resources that have really helped you grow your ecommerce store?