Come join an emerging tech company just as we hit our inflection point.
Vantage plays in a $250BN addressable market in North America that is seeing significant disruption. Retailers are transforming their digital marketing practices to drive customer acquisition and are looking for new profit centers in retail media networks.
Vantage is uniquely positioned in this space, having established a technology platform that is custom-built for retail media. We offer the only turnkey integrated retail media network. We significantly outperform online media benchmarks by leveraging automation, machine learning, and AI. Ours is the market-leading platform and we have real traction with some of the biggest names in retail.
We are excited to expand the team and take the company to the next level. You would have the opportunity to get in early and obviously, that comes with great possible financial upside, but it also comes with an opportunity to shape the culture of the team. So, we’re picky about the people we invite to join the journey. We’re looking for true team-players, not lone wolves, or temporary hired guns. We are professionals with a passion for doing great work and driving real success for Vantage and our clients.
Headquartered in Toronto but currently working fully remotely, the Vantage team is diverse, creative and fun. Our belief is that our strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables Vantage to be better. We also believe that people are happiest and can accomplish the most amazing things when they have the freedom and flexibility to customize their work and life environments, and can take on huge, stimulating challenges with fantastic colleagues.
We need data scientists who love digging into all kinds of data to uncover actionable insights. Building predictive models is awesome, but we take it to the next step to build tons of models programmatically. We have thousands of ecommerce stores on the platform already – we can’t build custom models for all of them so we need a configurable model factory. We want you to be a data scientist first, but we need you to be comfortable coding your own components in Python or R. We use Pandas, scikit-learn, and statsmodels heavily already and are adding other libraries as needed.
You’ll be responsible for the analytics roadmap, from concept to implementation, testing and rollout. We’ve got some great junior talent on this team already, and you’ll spend time mentoring and growing their skills. You’ll also be expected to work with customers on custom requests, questions about the platform and anything else they might need.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Employee share ownership – because Vantage wants you to truly share the success
- Flexible work/life, remote-first philosophy
- Great health benefits from Day 1
- Career development / continuing education allowance – we all want to stay sharp
- Mac laptop & other Apple equipment (we’ll give you a budget to build your perfect work-from-home environment because ergonomics matter)
- Team building activities to keep things fun: wonderland days, cottage trips (COVID permitting), virtual games & escape rooms, team lunches, and weekly nacho breaks on Fridays
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on predictive modelling with at least some of it in the ecommerce space.
- Experience using languages like SAS, R, or Python for modelling and machine learning.
- Ability to guide and mentor our existing team.
- Willingness to learn Python and code modules/components yourself.
- Love of statistics bordering on healthy obsession.
To apply send a note to AwesomeDevs@gotVantage.com with links to your GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, Kaggle competition results, website and anything else you think will impress us.