Intermediate/Senior Full Stack Developer
Vantage is looking for 3-4 Intermediate to Senior Full-Stack Developers who want to be part of a small team and have a big impact.
As a developer with Vantage, you’ll be responsible for building features in our platform and integrations with other systems. This means using lots of APIs to pull data, as well as building APIs for others to push data to Vantage. There is also a lot of data analysis work to power the intelligence of the platform. On average 70% of the work will be backend and 30% front-end. If you have a preference for one over the other we’ll do our best to have you work on the areas you enjoy.
Our primary frameworks are Python/Django for the backend and ReactJS for the frontend. Our platform also uses Snowflake, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres and more. You’ll get a chance to work on the whole stack. We host primarily in Azure but also use AWS and GCP.
We are a fully remote team of 6, but are all based in southern Ontario. We do plan to start getting back together for working sessions in the summer. It is very unlikely we’ll ever go back to being in an office 5 days/week but we would like to be able to get together in person from time to time.
Come join an emerging tech company just as we hit our inflection point. Vantage plays in a $250BN addressable market in North America that is seeing significant disruption. Retailers are transforming their digital marketing practices to drive customer acquisition and are looking for new profit centers in retail media networks.
Vantage is uniquely positioned in this space, having established a technology platform that is custom-built for retail media. We offer the only turnkey integrated retail media network. We significantly outperform online media benchmarks by leveraging automation, machine learning, and AI. Ours is the market-leading platform and we have real traction with some of the biggest names in retail.
We are excited to expand the team and take the company to the next level. You would have the opportunity to get in early and obviously, that comes with great possible financial upside, but it also comes with an opportunity to shape the culture of the team. So, we’re picky about the people we invite to join the journey. We’re looking for true team-players, not lone wolves, or temporary hired guns. We are professionals with a passion for doing great work and driving real success for Vantage and our clients.
Headquartered in Toronto but currently working fully remotely, the Vantage team is diverse, creative and fun. Our belief is that our strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables Vantage to be better. We also believe that people are happiest and can accomplish the most amazing things when they have the freedom and flexibility to customize their work and life environments, and can take on huge, stimulating challenges with fantastic colleagues.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Employee share ownership – because Vantage wants you to truly share the success
- Flexible work/life, remote-first philosophy
- Great health benefits from Day 1
- Career development / continuing education allowance – we all want to stay sharp
- Mac laptop & other Apple equipment (we’ll give you a budget to build your perfect work-from-home environment because ergonomics matter)
- Team building activities to keep things fun: wonderland days, cottage trips (COVID permitting), virtual games & escape rooms, team lunches, and weekly nacho breaks on Fridays
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for people who want to build great stuff and have a strong grasp of the fundamentals. The list below is not a hard list of requirements, we will happily train you on any areas you haven’t worked with before.
- At least 2 years experience ideally working in Python, but other languages are fine. If you are interested in putting the time in to learn Python, we’ll help with that journey.
- React experience or experience building production systems using a modern frontend JS framework.
- Ad platform API expertise (Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc.)
- DevOps and deployment experience is a plus, on Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Must love writing tests. We don’t have a dedicated QA team, developers are expected to maintain 85% or higher test coverage.
To apply email AwesomeDevs@gotVantage.com with links to your GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, website and anything else you think will impress us.