5 Resources on Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
One of the sure fire ways to increase your customer lifetime value is to be exceptional! This is through not only delivering a superb product/service, but also backing it up with amazing, relentless customer service.
Here’s our top 5 tactics of providing exceptional customer service:
1. Ensure you have an email or phone number that is easy to see and on every page of your site. An FAQ/help section may also assist customers in getting their answers quickly. You may want to use zendesk.com as a FAQ and help solution. You may also want to include a pop up chat window which automatically shows up when a user lands on your page. A plug and play solution like Olark.com has a free plan (1 operator, 20 chats per month). Your customers will now be able to ask you questions in real time, which may lead to a higher conversion rate. This will also help you figure out your frequently asked questions and what types of barriers exist that stop people from purchasing. Try to make an effort to get back to your customers within 8 hours on holidays and weeknights and within 2 hours during business hours. You can state your availability in your auto response message or FAQ.
2. Consider sending out post purchase surveys to gauge how well the customer experience was and areas where you need to improve. A good question to ask is: “how likely are you to recommend this product/service to friends?” This can be done through Delighted.com. A universal NPS score is also calculated. You can also create an easy questionnaire through ClickInsights.io that a user can answer directly in their email, quickly and easily.
3. For customers who recently came on board (bought something or signed up), consider tweeting them. Follow and retweet their content or welcome them to your company and include a picture from their website. Creating content around your customers will get them more excited about your product/service and perhaps even get them to upgrade, buy again, or refer friends.
4. Not all your customers are the same, so it’s important to keep track of your most valuable ones. You can do this through Vantage for your e-commerce store. This is important for sending special emails or when you want to employ tactics from point #3.
5. In this age of digital-everything, it’s crucial to be as “human” as possible as this can make all the difference! Things like sending handwritten notes with purchases and putting your display picture next to your real name when answering customer questions all contribute to being less robotic. Furthermore, your tone should be more casual than formal, happy, positive, accommodating, and empathic. You can take it a step further with Maillift.com for handwritten cards sent out with a personal message of your choice.
Handwritten card and sticker from ProductHunt.com
Putting an effort towards providing exceptional customer service will definitely pay off in the long run. Humanize your company through these tactics and you’ll be sure to increase your customer lifetime value.
How do you provide exceptional customer service? Do you have any resources or tactics you use?