- May 29, 2017
Social Media Roundup: What’s New For May
As you all well know, social media advances at an incredibly fast pace. So much so that it’s undeniably difficult to stay up to date on the latest and greatest developments rocking the digital sphere, so we’ve decided to make things a bit easier. In this post, we’re going to catch you up on all of May’s social news with a not so subtle emphasis on Facebook and Instagram (since you know we have a soft spot for those channels). Let’s go!
1) Instagram Updates
- We all knew this was coming. Well, most of us at least. Instagram has been nipping at the heels of Snapchat since they released their ‘Story’ feature in August 2016. It was only a matter of time before Instagram added a filter feature much like the beloved ones Snapchat offers. Instagram didn’t attempt to recreate the wheel with their version of filters. While they don’t have the ubiquitous dog filter, they do feature the ever popular flower crown filter and other very slight variations of Snapchat’s offerings. In regards to marketing, Instagram has yet to release a sponsored filter feature but based on their track record we can be certain that it’s only a matter of time.
2) Facebook Updates
Bored Of Static Facebook Covers? Now You Can Use Video! | https://t.co/qohR3IQ8d2 via @wersm
— Geoff Desreumaux (@Geoffdx) April 26, 2017
- New Facebook Report: Why Creativity Matters in the Age of Mobile – Facebook has produced a cool guide that details why creativity is essential to your marketing efforts and how consumer behavior is different on mobile.
3) Other Social Updates
- Pinterest – ‘Like’ button going away soon! Pinterest released a statement saying, “But because we have both a Save button and a Like button, it hasn’t always been clear how they’re different. After doing a bunch of research with Pinners, we found Pinterest is easier to understand when we remove the Like button altogether.” You can read more about the ‘Like’ button retirement, here.
- Pinterest – Promoted Video gets even better! They now offer autoplay, more places for pinners to see your videos, and enhanced reporting. Find out how you can get started now.
- Google – Rolls out 3 important new updates to Dynamic Search Ads. One of which are changes to ads based on what someone searches for. Read more about the feature here.